IMPORTANT!! Please check the Board Approval Information below to ensure the course is approved by your professional board and will provide the CE credits you need.
Is reversing the many effects of aging possible? It appears the answer is a growing, “yes”. The underlying theory of why we age, and why age is associated with diseases such as dementia, heart disease, osteoporosis, cancer, infections, etc. is being answered today as multiple researchers learn about the importance of telomeres and how to repair them. Still, many nurses, and certainly most patients, have never heard of a telomere, or how basic health decisions impact the telomeres. This course was created to fill that gap.
Purpose and Objectives
- Relate the physiology of telomeres and telomerase.
- Combine the theory of free radicals with the shortened telomere theory as the cause of aging, and diseases associated with aging.
- Review the history of telomere discovery, and meaning of research results.
- Identify the association between shortened telomeres with several diseases associated with aging.
- Consider the educational needs of patients, and teach how antioxidants act to protect telomere shortening and preserve health.
- Review the actions, dosage, and need for antioxidant supplementation or food intake.
- Identify minerals and anti-inflammatory dietary support that can help protect the body from bio toxicity and reduce free radicals.
- Consider teachable facts to help people make food choices that will reduce bio toxicity.
About the Author
Linda S. Greenfield, RN, PhD
Linda is the educational administrator, author and instructor for Consultants for the Future. She is a graduate from Iowa State University and Columbia Pacific University and was listed in Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities as a doctorial student. She has taught hundreds of seminars and authored home study courses for over thirty five years in healthcare continuing education.
+ View more
Her clinical experiences include acute and long term care, including experience as a flight nurse in the US Air Force and as an educator in a college based nursing program. Linda has a passion for life-long learning and is always on the breaking edge of the latest information in health and healing, integrating both conventional and alternative approaches. She has a knack for breaking down complex topics into easy to understand concepts with practical applications for everyday needs. Linda has been honored as a keynote speaker at several conferences and conventions, including the Spring 2005 conference of the Iowa Department of Health where she spoke about energy healing.
Board Approval Information
Consultants for the Future has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, Provider No. 50-435; the Iowa Board of Nursing, Provider No. 61, ; the Georgia Board of Nursing, Provider No. 50-435; the District of Columbia Board of Nursing, Provider NO. 50-435; and the California Board of Nursing, Provider No. 04422. The Course meets the requirements of the Minnesota, Ohio, Nevada, and Kentucky Boards of Nursing, and other states by reciprocity.