IMPORTANT!! Please check the Board Approval Information below to ensure the course is approved by your professional board and will provide the CE credits you need.
The Florida Board of Nursing has added a 2 hour CE requirement found in 64B9-5.014. Beginning with renewals after August 1, 2017, every Florida nursing professional will be required to complete 2 hours in the subject area of Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace. This course fulfills this requirement, and offers a platform for promoting both patient safety, and rehabilitation for those with Substance Use Disorder.
Purpose and Objectives
- Objective No. 1: Identify the signs of impairment in the workplace.
- Objective No. 2: Create employer initiatives to promote safety and provide assistance.
- Objective No. 3: Become aware of the essential steps to make a report or a referral.
- Objective No. 4: Become familiar with the mandatory reporting law, 464.018F.S.
- Objective No. 5: Become familiar with treatment programs for impaired practitioners, Section 456.076 F.S.
- Objective No. 6: Describe the treatment programs available in Florida.
About the Author
Linda S. Greenfield, RN, PhD
Linda is the educational administrator, author and instructor for Consultants for the Future. She is a graduate from Iowa State University and Columbia Pacific University and was listed in Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities as a doctorial student. She has taught hundreds of seminars and authored home study courses for over thirty five years in healthcare continuing education.
+ View more
Her clinical experiences include acute and long term care, including experience as a flight nurse in the US Air Force and as an educator in a college based nursing program. Linda has a passion for life-long learning and is always on the breaking edge of the latest information in health and healing, integrating both conventional and alternative approaches. She has a knack for breaking down complex topics into easy to understand concepts with practical applications for everyday needs. Linda has been honored as a keynote speaker at several conferences and conventions, including the Spring 2005 conference of the Iowa Department of Health where she spoke about energy healing.
Board Approval Information
The Florida Board of Nursing (Provider No. 50-435)