IMPORTANT!! Please check the Board Approval Information below to ensure the course is approved by your professional board and will provide the CE credits you need.
Two of your total 24 hours of continuing education to meet Florida requirements for licensure must be a course relating to laws and rules for nursing, i.e., chapters 456 and 464 Part I, Florida Statutes, and chapter 64B9, Florida Administrative Code. This course has been created to meet that requirement.
Purpose and Objectives
- Objective No. 1: Describe the legislative purpose for the Nurse Practice Act.
- Objective No 2: Differentiate between ethical and legal practice.
- Objective No. 3: Verbalize specific laws and rules related to the practice of nursing and nursing assisting.
- Objective No. 4: Discuss the general requirements for continuing education in the State.
- Objective No. 5: Discuss the process for discipline related to nursing practice.
- Objective No.6: Create a professional plan for career maintenance and development within the limits of the law.
About the Author
Linda S. Greenfield, RN, PhD
Linda is the educational administrator, author and instructor for Consultants for the Future. She is a graduate from Iowa State University and Columbia Pacific University and was listed in Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities as a doctorial student. She has taught hundreds of seminars and authored home study courses for over thirty five years in healthcare continuing education.
+ View more
Her clinical experiences include acute and long term care, including experience as a flight nurse in the US Air Force and as an educator in a college based nursing program. Linda has a passion for life-long learning and is always on the breaking edge of the latest information in health and healing, integrating both conventional and alternative approaches. She has a knack for breaking down complex topics into easy to understand concepts with practical applications for everyday needs. Linda has been honored as a keynote speaker at several conferences and conventions, including the Spring 2005 conference of the Iowa Department of Health where she spoke about energy healing.
Board Approval Information
Consultants for the Future has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, Provider No. 50-435.